Well well well,

Long time no see little blog. How I missed you! Man, I am REALLY slacking with this whole "blogging" thing. I almost forgot what it was. Someone asked me last week if I blogged and I thought they were asking me if I knew how to do some swedish dance. Just kidding. Lame joke.

On Memorial day weekend, I had the privilege of traveling back to my home state of New Mexico to shoot one of the most beautiful destination weddings I've ever seen.

Madeline and Jay are both live in Texas. They met in college after Jay saw Madeline in a crowd and yelled something really romantic out like, "Hey YOU! I know you!" That little story made me laugh.

These two are SO creative! Madeline MADE her own wedding dress, and it was absolutely amazing. This wedding had a very Victorian feel to it, and it was even a little Steampunk inspired, which I LOVE! Jay had on a really timeless vest, while both of their mothers were decked out in Victorian garb. It was amazing.

The wedding was set at the beautiful Pecos National Monument, and let me say folks, after living in New Mexico for over 20 years, I'd never visited this place and it was absolutely stunning. I could have spent all afternoon there just hanging out and taking pics.

For the short time that I got to spend getting to know Jay and Madeline and their family, I really loved it all. What a great and creative couple, and I was seriously honored to be able to be a part of their wedding day.

Congrats you guys, and happy 4th. I hope you like the pics. :)

2 Comments:

  1. Anabella said...
    3 beautiful things:
    * Her dress, i love it!
    * the place, its amazing
    * your photos! i could see the whole place through them!
    Congrats Danette! ;)
    Sarah said...
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year! God bless you! xoxo ♥

Post a Comment