Whats with me? I must really love this blogging thing, I think I'm craving it because I haven't posted that many lately.....hmmm.

Some of you may know that I'm really involved with an organization called Youth With A Mission. For those of you that don't know, YWAM is a missions based organization all over the world that focuses on evangelism and service in as many countries as possible. Within YWAM, there are different specialties and missionary based programs that focus on the different talents of those involved. An example is the specific ministry I'm involved in under YWAM called Musicians For Missions. MFM specifically focuses on using the musical talents of people by equipping them to know how to use their giftings in other countries to bless those they're serving. Karen Lafferty, the founder of MFM, brings young people from all over the world to her hometown to teach them how to use music in the missions field. Karen also gives people the opportunity to tour the states with her playing music for different churches and ministries as well.

Recently YWAM and MFM put together an east coast music tour that I was supposed to be traveling with, playing music, but because of my photography business scheduling I wasn't able to help out this time around. Instead the group asked me to do a quick photoshoot with them to help with the promotion of their tour.

The shoot was scheduled to be an outdoor shoot but because of the weather, I had to move it inside at the last minute. I was so excited to use a new photo setup! I decided to choose a room with a good amount of natural lighting, but also used an umbrella flash to disperse the lighting a bit more. The effect was an overall natural lighting look, although most of the light really was studio lighting. I was so happy with how it turned out since I only had about an hour's worth of prep and setup time to figure out how I was going to transfer an outdoor shoot to a studio shoot.

So I threw together this continuous loop for you guys, I didn't really want to turn it into a real slideshow, but this is fun nonetheless! Enjoy!


1 Comment:

  1. Anabella said...
    Hey! hmmm... even though you dont love to blog, i think you must start to love it!!.... i like to read your stuffs!! What a experience!... but you handled really good!!! ... cool "automatic slideshow", i liked it!! ;o)
    Aaaah, btw ... to bad there's not a *i like* button here, 'cause i'd clicked in it!! hahahaha!!
    Kisses!

Post a Comment