Wow, thats a mouth full!

So my Christmas day this past year was definitely out of the norm for me. Instead of waking up late and spending the day with my fam, I had the opportunity to do my first studio session!

The Victor family, who I've been really close to for years asked me several months ago if I'd be willing to do family portraits for them when they were all here in New Mexico around Christmas time. Because I also had a wedding to do in Pennsylvania around the same time, the only day we could actually do the shoot on was Christmas day. It was so much fun! We had some crazy music playing, and their entire family are a bunch of hams! They were all so silly.

I've always been super scared of doing a studio shoot, and actually I was pretty against it because I never wanted my pictures to look traditional and cheesy. I went to the studio a few days before the shoot and messed with the lighting and the settings, and to my surprise I was actually able to get a pretty nice setup. For my first studio shoot I think it turned out pretty well and not cheesy! I still got a few traditional shots for the family, but overall I think it was a pretty modern shoot, for a studio. Anyway, here is the slideshow! Eeeeee, I'm nervous to let everyone see!

11 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Those are AWESOME!!!! Very awesome!!! I like them a lot!!
    Anonymous said...
    I like it soooo much ...
    The pictures are so fresh and funny!
    Good job!
    Cassie Schott said...
    I LOVE the first shot you posted. AWESOME!
    Brian said...
    awesom pictures. I was just going to encourage you to continue to write on your other blog. You have an opportunity to reach the world through your writings about Christ.

    grace and peace,
    brian
    downpour-me.blogspot
    Shay said...
    Very nice Danette. Well done :)
    Andrea said...
    Wicked awesome! I love those!!
    Bekah said...
    Those are so cool! Very original!
    Unknown said...
    dannette!
    these are gorgeous! absolutely. oh the victor/tedder family.. how can you not love every single one of them!
    'Rika said...
    You're awesome.
    If I ever meet you, can we photoshoot it? haha
    Melissa @ Half Dozen Mama said...
    Great pics! And I think it was awesome for your first 'studio' stuff. Loved looking on your website and reading your blog! God has gifted you and given you some amazing opportunities!
    Melissa @ Half Dozen Mama said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment