Time does fly!





Ahh! Its been 2 weeks since my last blog! I can't believe it! I don't think I've gone this long without blogging since I left Sarah's house in June!!!

This weekend has been so much fun! Friday started out pretty normal until I received a phone call that I was supposed to play in Karen Lafferty's back up band that evening. I hadn't rehearesed with the band, didn't know any of Karen's songs, it was awesome. I had an hour to learn her songs off of her CD, then I had to go straight to the church and get up on stage and play with the band, without any run-throughs! In case nobody knows who Karen Lafferty is, I work for her under Musicians For Missions Intl, which is the organization that helped me put on my BarlowGirl concert last summer. Karen is probably most well known for the hymn she wrote back in the 70's called "Seek Ye First". I'm pretty sure that if you grew up in the church, you know that song.

Karen was holding a benefit concert and silent auction featuring some amazing musicians. Fletch Wiley, one of the best trumpeters I've ever heard, and Benny Prasad, a wonderful man of God who's guitar playing I can only relate to the movie August Rush, the only difference being that Benny is Indian, his worship songs have a wonderful Eastern Indian feel to them, and his guitar has drums built into the front of it so he can play drums and play guitar at the same time. Amazing.

So Friday was wonderful. Today I swung by my favorite cafe and grabbed a cup of THE BEST vanilla chai in the world and headed to a gorgeous park with a couple friends to read and take pictures. It was so much fun, I want to do this every Sunday!




And, as if today couldn't be more beautiful and remind me of God's beauty, just now as I was writing this blog entry the sunset was amazing! I had to pause and take a couple pics of it too. ;) I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well!

Can you believe this is the sky?! Ahhh!

5 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    yay new blog!!!

    beautiful pictures!! love the park/sunset!! very beautiful and i'd so love to spend my sunday like that too!
    Molly Ann said...
    Those are beautiful pictures, Danette! I really like the sunset ones. My brother, who is into photography, said those are really good pictures.
    Heather said...
    the sunset pics are amazing! i wish it looked like that here.
    Bekah said...
    Drums built into a guitar? That's amazing. Those pics are amazing as well. That sunset is amazing! And I need to find another word to use besides amazing...
    Nichole said...
    awesome pics!

Post a Comment